How many lives must live before you meet someone worth dying for? After the terrible battle between the angelic forces of which the school was the scene Sword & Cross, Daniel Light hidden in a safe place, a school full of Nephilim, the offspring born from crosses between fallen angels and human beings. Here she discovers what really are the shadows that haunt her forever, but also how to use them to spy on its past incarnations. And considering the many different versions of herself, Light realizes that it is in the past that hides the key to decipher his future ... but also that Daniel hides secrets. And if he lied? If the fate of Light was not love him, but someone else?
Well guys, I just finished reading Kate Torment of which is the second volume of the series Fallen .
I got for pre-order the book at the beginning of September literally counting the days to the date of publication and cursing every day when the Royal Air Mail, checking the mail, not find any parcel. Sigh = '(I must say that
Fallen, the book before it, had left me with many questions and a bit' of uncertainty, but I attributed this to the fact that it was the first chapter of a saga. After all The volumes feature introductory always have to present the plot, characters, main lines, the mitoligia etc.., so it is not uncommon to find in these few sins here and there.
vie for the cover and the plot that I found very intriguing, scrumptious, my expectations and the desire to read this book had grown out of proportion ... shame not to have been met! = (
Children can not understand my disappointment!
certainly better than Fallen, Torment looks much better but I, naively, I expected them to be dealt with issues left open questions about their characters, plots revealed, inserted plot twists that did increase the suspense, but nothing like this.
In 450 pages of the novel, with the exception of the last 100 / 150 (which the book save for a corner), it does exactly nothing. Nothing, the utter desolation ... which, if they were not published until the last pages would not change anything!
Maybe I expected too much! = (
However, what happens in Torment?
would be enough to tell you to read the plot and all your curiosity will be met, but no matter.
After discovering the true nature of Daniel, Cam and other students Swod & Cross, following a violent collision, light leaves the academy to take refuge in a safe place.
will move to California and enroll in Shoreline, academy has a special course. Special
is because all those who are waiting Nephilim, or half human and half angel. Here follow lessons
light on the mythology of angels, demons, and will also make several friendships among whom are Shelby and Miles, two interesting figures.
Meanwhile, Daniel is forced to stay away from her to "force majeure" she meter, of course, to overcome boredom decides to make friends with the Shadows, a book until last year, terrified to death.
studying precisely the announcements, Light discovers how to exploit to their advantage and how to get memories of their past lives, wishing with all of herself to know the secrets of Daniel.
The remoteness, the reluctance to reveal what is going on in this, the fear of discovering that the angels not deployed, they're chasing, seriously undermine the relationship between Lucinda and her beautiful angel.
Now, Lucinda
... Despite being the main character is completely useless. Do not get me wrong, the whole story is centered on her and her character, but rather she be to lead the narrative, to make things happen, it seems that it is the story behind trascinarsela. I found it silly, childish, without any will power, let alone decision-making and petulant up to capacity. Findings, however, purely personal.
Perhaps that is why at the end of the book, when I closed, I said: "Mhhh, but what exactly has happened?".
Much of the volume seemed a bit 'elusive, to say the least incisive, with the exception of the end that has given strength and vigor to all!
say that the great strategic focus of the events of page 300 onwards. However
poor light through a bad time of crisis, in which Daniel does not know who he is, what she wants and, more importantly, whether it is really intended to stay with him. But despite that I thought these were the guidelines of Torment, after all, a book entitled so imagine lets you, well I was wrong, or more precisely, I found them underdeveloped.
A more appropriate title would be "always worried" because in your mediocrity come on girl ... you are not even able to get a good dose of paranoia! It is possible that light
pines for about fifteen lines, in the following ten professed faith and love blind (literally blind) Daniel then, after 5 pages, start over without coming to any conclusion, for ¾ of this book where you repeat the same things.
Instead of picking up a situation and try to deal with them, does nothing but complain, but that so little conviction. Maybe if I had felt truly tormented certainly would have appreciated more.
Even Daniel, at some points, I loved it. Alternating between the angel and that should be a schoolboy novice, I can not understand what is in Lucinda.
points are quite positive Shelby, Lauren Kate appeared with all the determination and ability to judge which of Light is an orphan which seems to impersonate the Jiminy Cricket for Pinocchio. That character, with a frankness rather crude, slap in the face of the harsh realities Lucinda!
Shelby was an unexpected surprise and soooooo welcome.
Same goes for Frank and Steven, two teachers at the Shoreline, which in the mythology of heaven, the two occupy opposite ends of the system.
They are almost two voice-overs that explain the basics of the world where the characters move, helping Lucinda in his training, and place here and the gems of wisdom (always relative to context and celestial dichotomy between good and apples) I'd like to go deeper.
find again some famous personalities Fallen in as always cheerful and splashed Arrianne, Roland, who has more than one route of a drug dealer, Cam, Molly and Gabbe.
Despite all appreciate the writing style of Lauren Kate, is smooth, sometimes ironic and witty, especially when they are nearby or Arianne Shelby, and nice ... I believe that the lack is not in any way related to the form but nothing else.
do not know, maybe I'll be waiting for me I was a bit 'too, to imagine another approach and not be able to understand the characters, but apart from the super-action and adrenaline-filled conclusion, this book gave me a little.
book is announced at the end of the third chapter, entitled Passion for next summer and, if they did not stop in the middle detest any series and I was crying my heart for the disappointment, I would not be safe to buy later.
But, being stubborn, I will definitely give Kate another chance, now I know! : P
Title: Torment
Original Title: Torment
Author: Kate Lauren
Price: € 9.18 (taken on The Book Depository )
Date: 2010, 452 pp., paperback
Published: 28 September 2010
Editore: Random House Children's Books
0 comments:
Post a Comment